Arundel Agenda 21 work with the Community Orchard Group to bring you the Arundel Apple Day.
This year Apple Day will be on Sunday October 14th opening at 11.00 to 3.00. Venue: The Community Orchard, Herrington’s Fields, Fitzalan Road, Arundel. As always the event is free to all. Bring your apples for crushing and take home some juice.
The event will include:
- stands from lots of local groups each with their own flavour, learn what is going on in the town
- the marvellous Community Chef Robin who will be demonstrating and handing out tasters of great recipes with apples.
- a tug of war
- a tour of the orchard and an orchard ‘safari’ looking at the wildlife in the orchard
- Will the roving singer to keep us in the mood and this year a group of shanty singers
- activities for children including the Forest School and an activity making winter insect houses and bird feeders
- Shanty singers
- a game (or two) of petanque
- apple cake and mulled wine
- waste information
and lots more
And of course the star of the day apple pressing. This year the Community Orchard Group have worked with local company Roundstone Joinery to build our own cider press. Fund raising is going on at the moment so please support them.
It is always a brilliant family day of good fun, sunshine, your body weight in apple juice.
If you have a lot of apples we can pick them up for you just call Rita on 885826 or Kay on 884916. The more the merrier.
And don’t forget to bring CLEAN bottles to collect your juice.