Yes I know any invitation including the acronym AGM is always followed by a sigh, a dull boring evening listening to finance reports. But not this one!
Come along to the Victoria Institute 7.30 Tuesday 31st July to hear what had been going on at the Arundel Agenda 21 Group and make plans for the future. We will tempt you with nibbles and wine.
Arundel Agenda 21 is known for gathering people together to get some great projects going in Arundel
- the Farmer’s Market,
- the community bus,
- making Arundel the first FairTraid Town in West Sussex,
- the drinking fountain and reusable water bottles,
- the Greening Arundel campaign,
- reviving the Flower and Produce Show,
- Arundel Seed Swap,
- working with other community groups such as the Community Orchard Group.
So the meeting will look at ideas for the future, not just your run of the mill stuff but exciting, caring, and practical for our town and the environment. In fact whatever we want them to be.
Have you got an idea that the group might help you make happen. Something that will benefit Arundel community and the environment.
We hope to have a speaker from MAVES (Mid Arun Valley Environmental Survey) to tell us about some of the exciting species discoveries they have made through their studies of area around Arundel.
Projects we will be looking at:
- Community Apple Day – 14th October
- Seed Swap – February 2019
- Tree planting – November 2018
- Woodland conservation and skills
- Food waste project with UK Harvest
- Ford Road cemetery wildlife gardening (and tips for wildlife gardening at home)
- Arundel water bottles
- Bike group – rides and improving facilities
Whether you have skills, time or energy to share, a particular interest or just want to find out more, come along.
It would help us plan the evening if you can confirm you are coming by 29th July. Feel free to invite anyone from Arundel or the environs who you think may be interested .
Any queries or details needed – call Kay on 884926 or Rita on 885826